The Hudson Valley USBC (HVUSBC) is a tax-exempt entity that acts as liaison between the National United States Bowling Congress (USBC) and all individual sanctioned bowlers in Dutchess and Putnam Counties.
The HVUSBC represents approximately 1,500 to 2,000 bowlers.
We support the USBC Certified Bowling Houses in our Region, including Schneider's Fishkill Bowl, Spins Bowl Carmel, Spins Bowl Poughkeepsie and Spins Bowl Wappingers Falls.
Who we are..
The Hudson Valley USBC's purpose is to uphold the USBC Mission and Vision statements, and support our Local Bowlers and Houses.
Acting as liaison between the USBC and our local Leagues, Houses and Bowlers, and supporting our Association, some of our duties are:
Verify, coordinate and report the sanctioning of all Bowlers and the Certification of all Leagues.
Report Bowler's Honor Games and Awards
Prepare and assist Leagues at the start of the Bowling season.
Assist Leagues with issues regarding Rules and By-Laws.
"The USBC is the National Governing Body for Bowling. Our mission is to provide services, resources and the standards for the sport."
"Our vision is to continue to be the leading authority to the sport, servicing the needs of bowling."
What we do...
The Role of the Board of Directors, in accordance with USBC Policy:
Authority and Duties
The management and governance of the Association is vested in the Board of Directors.
The Board's duties include but are not limited to:
1. Enforce the Bylaws and comply with the USBC Association Policy Manual.
2. Select/appoint the Association Manager and approve Committee and auxiliary members.
3. Ensure the Association has an active e-mail account, to be maintained and regularly monitored.
4. Implement USBC programs as requested.
5. Provide reports as required by USBC.
6. Be aware of bonding, burglary, and hold-up insurance from USBC, as well as the need for Local and State Officers and Directors liability insurance.
7. Establish partnership with proprietors.
1. Conduct Championship level competition for its Membership constituency.
2. Adopt Tournament rules, or authorize a Committee.
3. Determine the procedure for selecting the Championship Tournament site(s).
4. Choose the date and location of the Association Annual Meeting.
As outlined in its duties, the Association Board is responsible for establishing procedures for handling funds.
It is the Association Manager that predominately handles the day-to-day financial operations of the Association based on the established procedures.
Establish annual local/state dues up to the amount set by the membership/delegates.
The Board of Directors
Current Board of Directors
Director and Recording Secretary